Q. Can I take Cifran 500 for mild throat pain and voice hoarseness?

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Is Cifran 500 good for mild throat pain and voice hoarseness?

#

It is good that you asked this question here because taking unnecessary antibiotics can be extremely risky and unhealthy for your body. This tablet is mainly used to treat pneumonia patients that have a severe cough, fever, and abnormal symptoms and blood reports. Hence I would advise you to avoid it at all costs for now, unless you have all of the above. Throat infection causes your symptoms and the right medication for you is TusQ (Paracetamol, Bromhexine, etc.) or Lozenges like Vicks, Honitus lozenges, whichever is available and suits you. You must understand that the main treatment for this is warm saline water gargles thrice a day and avoiding all oily food and cold foods and drinks. Take care and get well soon.

|