Q. Watching porn has become a part of my life. How to get rid of that?

Dr. Parth Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

I have a habit of watching porn. I want to get rid of this, but I could not. Watching porn has become a part of my life. How to get rid of this?

#

• Nowadays, watching porn is considered to be a normal behavior in youngsters. But, you are a bit younger for watching porn.
  • Porn presents untrue and unrealistic things about sexual relationship. Until you are grown up and can understand that chemistry, porn will only misguide you.
  • First, let me tell you that watching porn is like a chain reaction. Once you watch porn, it will not satisfy your sexual curiosity.
  • In fact, you will want to watch even more. The more you watch, the more your hunger for porn increases. The same principle can be used to stop watching porn.
  • Make a target of not watching porn for a week. You will notice that the urge of watching porn is diminishing. Then, increase the target of abstinence from porn to 15 days, then 3 weeks and so on.
  • Whenever you feel the urge hard to resist and divert your mind towards other recreational activities.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|