Q. Had HPV and LEEP, bleed during sex, heavy periods, abdominal pain, fatigue and headaches. Is it cancer?

Dr. Gowrimeena
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Dear doctor,

I am a 32 year old female. I had HPV and LEEP 12 years ago. Now, I have the following symptoms:

• Bleeding during sex.
  • Heavy periods.
  • Extra painful abdomen pain.
  • Heavy feeling of fatigue and headaches.

Could I have cancer?

#

All the symptoms you have mentioned warrant a doctor visit with a full examination and Pap smear as a minimum, and colposcopy to be very sure. With your HPV and LEEP background, it is even more important that you get this done on priority.

In all probability, it may be nothing, or early pre-cancer, but it is better to check and get treated.

Hope this helps, take care.

Consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online for further queries --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|