Q. I have something like genital warts. Please confirm if it is the same.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Kurmi and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A


Do you have a question on Genital Warts or Human Papilloma Virus? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I have a few and little genital warts in my vagina. I can send you a picture if you want, I am very worried that it could be VPH. Please help me.

Related Questions:
I am very confused that i have genital warts
What should I do for facial warts?
Is this brown spot I developed, a wart or a symptom of HPV?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi
Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

It seems to be HPV (human papilloma virus) warts only. But need to be confirmed. Are you sexually active? If yes then does your partner also has similar lesions?


Thank you doctor,

He does not have it. Yes, I am sexually active. Kindly advice how to confirm it?


Dr. Deepti Kurmi
Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Diagnosis is confirmed by examination. One chemical called acetic acid is applied over warts and seen through a magnifying glass called colposcope. The local ointment will be given after confirmation of the diagnosis. It transmits by sexual contact only. But it may take months for warts to appear.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Imiquimod is good medicine for genital wart. It has to be applied thrice a week for 16 weeks. If you see results with Imiquimod, I would suggest you stick to Imiquimod and complete the full course. Other options for genital wart are Podowart application (Podophyllotoxi...  Read Full »
Kindly clarify the statement regarding HPV in my Pap smear report.
Query: Hi doctor, About three months ago, I got a Pap smear for the first time and it came back with abnormal HPV positive. My doctor did not really go in depth. So, I proceeded to get another Pap smear with another doctor about a week and it came back normal. I asked the doctor about my HPV and he said e...  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh
Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to get any further HPV (human papilloma virus) test as the repeated Pap smear was normal. Besides that, the more important thing in a Pap smear report is the histopathology. From what you say, it sounds as of the type of cells in the smear was normal. There is not...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Ankylosing Spondylitis
This article discusses about the causes, pathology, clinical features, musculoskeletal manifestation, investigation and ...Read more »
Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?
Hello doctor, There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable t ...Read more »
The pulse rate started to fall after giving Epinephrine in a 4-year-old child. Kindly give your opinion.
Hello doctor, I am reviewing the patient care of a 4-year-old child diagnosed with the flu. He was having trouble breat ...Read more »

Also Read Answers From