Q. I have something like genital warts. Please confirm if it is the same.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 15, 2019

I have a few and little genital warts in my vagina. I can send you a picture if you want, I am very worried that it could be VPH. Please help me.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It seems to be HPV (human papilloma virus) warts only. But need to be confirmed. Are you sexually active? If yes then does your partner also has similar lesions?

He does not have it. Yes, I am sexually active. Kindly advice how to confirm it?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Diagnosis is confirmed by examination. One chemical called acetic acid is applied over warts and seen through a magnifying glass called colposcope. The local ointment will be given after confirmation of the diagnosis. It transmits by sexual contact only. But it may take months for warts to appear.

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify the statement regarding HPV in my Pap smear report.

Query: Hi doctor, About three months ago, I got a Pap smear for the first time and it came back with abnormal HPV positive. My doctor did not really go in depth. So, I proceeded to get another Pap smear with another doctor about a week and it came back normal. I asked the doctor about my HPV and he said e...  Read Full »