Q. I have something like genital warts. Please confirm if it is the same.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

I have a few and little genital warts in my vagina. I can send you a picture if you want, I am very worried that it could be VPH. Please help me.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It seems to be HPV (human papilloma virus) warts only. But need to be confirmed. Are you sexually active? If yes then does your partner also has similar lesions?

| 

He does not have it. Yes, I am sexually active. Kindly advice how to confirm it?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Diagnosis is confirmed by examination. One chemical called acetic acid is applied over warts and seen through a magnifying glass called colposcope. The local ointment will be given after confirmation of the diagnosis. It transmits by sexual contact only. But it may take months for warts to appear.

|