Q. I have something like genital warts. Please confirm if it is the same.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

I have a few and little genital warts in my vagina. I can send you a picture if you want, I am very worried that it could be VPH. Please help me.

#

It seems to be HPV (human papilloma virus) warts only. But need to be confirmed. Are you sexually active? If yes then does your partner also has similar lesions?

He does not have it. Yes, I am sexually active. Kindly advice how to confirm it?

#

Diagnosis is confirmed by examination. One chemical called acetic acid is applied over warts and seen through a magnifying glass called colposcope. The local ointment will be given after confirmation of the diagnosis. It transmits by sexual contact only. But it may take months for warts to appear.

|