Q. Can low dose of human growth hormone lead to type 2 diabetes?

Published on Jun 02, 2016

I have prediabetes (5.8 fasting blood glucose). Can low doses of human growth hormone used for bodybuilding lead to type 2 diabetes? My mother has type 2 diabetes mellitus.

#

• 5.8 mg/dL of glucose is too low. Prediabetes is fasting blood glucose between 110 to 126 mg/dL and above it is frank diabetes.
  • Type 2 diabetes cannot be caused by small or large doses of human growth hormone.
  • Type 2 diabetes is autoimmune in nature and it is mostly genetic, but certain conditions like obesity, hypertension can lead to type 2 diabetes.
  • Prediabetes can be controlled with lifestyle modifications.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I would like to know the specific limits of HGH dosage and time? For example, if I take 16 IUS per week for 6 weeks, is that fine?

#

• FDA - Food and Drug Administration did not approve the use of growth hormone for muscle building purposes.
  • Some people use the growth hormone to build muscle and improve athletic performance. But, these claims are unproven.
  • If you have proven growth hormone deficiency, then you can use the HGH (human growth hormone) at the prescribed doses.
  • The dose is based on body weight and must be determined by your treating endocrinologist. At first, it is usually 0.005 milligram (mg) per kilogram (kg) (0.0023 mg per pound) of body weight injected under the skin once a day.
  • Your endocrinologist may increase the dose if needed. Added to these other endocrine hormones like thyroid hormones also to be in normal limits to get the proper growth of bones.
  • Thus, avoid growth hormone injection for just muscle building purpose.
  • Do exercise regularly and take healthy diet. It is one natural way to increase muscle mass.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Will nutritional supplement help to gain weight and build muscles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?  Read Full »

What is the right time to exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an advice on what is the right time to exercise during the day? Let me tell you that currently, I can only manage to walk on the treadmill and do the cycling in the gym. So I have two options in terms of time. One, in the morning before the breakfast and the second one is in th...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for right-sided anterior pelvic tilt?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from an anterior pelvic tilt in the right. He is a bodybuilder and currently not able to do workouts since he has pain and numbness in both upper and lower sides of the body in the right region. He also has muscle imbalance because of that. We have consulted se...  Read Full »