Prediabetes

Why is my urine output low except when I exercise or do abdominal massage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have urination problem. It started a day ago. I observed low output of urine that is only a small amount every time I have urinated. But, when I exercise or do some abdominal massage, the urine output level is more. I also uploaded the lab test report. Kindly c...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are grossly normal except for isolated ketonuria. I think you get repeat urine for ketones test done as I do not find a cause for it (it can be lab miscalculation). Mostly ketonuria occurs in uncontrolled diabetes, starvation, prolonged vomiting and diarrh...  Read Full »

Does the reading of 103 mg/dl after 16 hours of meal indicate prediabetic stage?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently bought a blood glucose meter because diabetes runs heavily in my family. I have not been diagnosed with diabetes, but I checked my blood sugar today 16 hours without eating and it was 103. I know that it should be below 126 after eight hours of eating, but what is it suppos...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadeem Abootty

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the above history, it is noted that you are having a strong family history of diabetes and also you have been noted with prediabetic range blood sugars in the past. Coming to your query, it is ideal to have less than 100mg/dl blood sugars after 12-16 hours post meal....  Read Full »

Will masturbation be the reason for my short penis and ED?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old, unmarried. I think my penis size is small. Because of masturbation, I have a problem with ED. I would like you to suggest medicine for these two problems.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before jumping to any treatment follow the advice as given below. You are indeed developing signs of ED (erectile dysfunction). You also seem to have exaggerated guilt of masturbation. Understand that 90% of males start masturbation by the age of 14. Rest 8-9% start...  Read Full »

Will prediabetic stage result in white spot on gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with prediabetics (102) two months before. Now I noticed white spots on my upper gums. Are the spots related to diabetes or some serious problem? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist, Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before commenting anything about diabetes and its relationship with oral problems, I would like to see images of your gums having a white spot so that we can discuss appropriately.  Read Full »

Is low dose of human growth hormone a cause for type 2 diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have prediabetes (5.8 fasting blood glucose). Can low doses of human growth hormone used for bodybuilding lead to type 2 diabetes? My mother has type 2 diabetes mellitus.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 5.8 mg/dL of glucose is too low. Prediabetes is fasting blood glucose between 110 to 126 mg/dL and above it is frank diabetes. Type 2 diabetes cannot be caused by small or large doses of human growth hormone. Type 2 diabetes is autoimmune in nature and it is mostly geneti...  Read Full »

What are prediabetic, diabetic, and IGT?

Query: Hi doctor,My friend advised me to check my glucose on her glucometer. The results were as follows after eating a meal with the following nutrition specs: Carbohydrates 98 g, fiber 21 g, protein 28 g, fat: 27 g, saturated fat: 4.5 g, calories: 720. Blood sugar after 1 hour 113, after 2 hours 131 an...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why are you worried that you have diabetes? Do you have polyuria that is increased frequency or volume of urination or any positive family history or numbness of the feet? Whatever the cause might be with the values you have sent I can assure you that you are not even pre...  Read Full »

What does my blood report show?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 43 years old. I feel weak, body pain and headache during menstrual cycle. Also feeling like depression. My height is 5 feet 2 inches and my weight is 74 kg. I have attached my recent blood test report. Please let me know the findings from the blood report. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me help you to deal with your problems. The complaints you said of weakness and body pains are general and not related to any specific entity. They are suggestive of low general health condition and will show improvement with medications. Your BMI - body mass index...  Read Full »

How to reduce PP blood sugar level of 174?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old male. Before 12 years, I went for my first master checkup without symptoms. The result showed high 2 hours PPBG while FBG and A1c are normal. The consultant physician advised me to eat less at a time and increase the number of feeds in a day and encouraged me to check ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. On going through the details provided, it is clear that you are in a prediabetes situation. Following are the criteria for diagnosing diabetes: Normal: Fasting blood glucose (FBG) 70 to 110 mg, PP less than 140 mg and HbA1c% less than 5.9. Prediabetes: FBG 108 to...  Read Full »

Is fasting blood sugar 131 considered diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's fasting glucose is 131. Her post lunch glucose level is 121 and urine does not contain sugar. Her HbA1c is 6. 2. Her height is 5.4 and weight is 68 kg. What to do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By these laboratory readings she has prediabetes. This should be treated. What to do will depend on a lot of factors. You have not provided any other medical history, family history, other medicines, lifestyle, etc. Revert back with the asked details to a diabetologis...  Read Full »

Should I worry about my postprandial blood sugar level which is less than fasting value?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 43 year old. My weight is 83 kg, and I do not have blood pressure. My fasting sugar is 102 and post prandial is 87. Why is it so? It is happening for the last three years. I am not able to reduce weight inspite of all exercises, and I eat just regular home meals with calorie cons...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few reasons. 1. Pre-diabetes can have such results which means you are more prone to get diabetes. Increased PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) means your pancreas is working very hard to reduce your sugar. It is overworking where it will deplanes beta cell...  Read Full »