Q. How is hydronephrosis treated?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 18, 2022 and last reviewed on: Apr 02, 2022

I was diagnosed with hydronephrosis in the kidney. Can you please help me to find the reason why I got it and how it can be treated?

#

I understand your concern.

It is primarily due to ureteric stone in more than 90 % of cases. Other causes can be ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction, ureteric constriction, or restriction. A proper diagnosis can be achieved after a CT (computed tomography) scan. First, a plain CT scan is done; if no stones are found, then a contrasted CT scan can be done.

In this way, after proper diagnosis, we can give you treatment suggestions.

If you have any more queries, please let me know.

|