Q. Can Hydroquinone use on the penis cause the skin to be sensitive and red?

Eighteen months ago, I had a reconstructive surgery on my penis to treat penile curvature. Two weeks post operation, hematoma exploded so I got wound breakdown. Skin necrosis ensued and I lost a small part of my penile skin. No graft or flap was used. I now have hyperpigmentation and very noticeable wound scar. For the hyperpigmentation, I have been using Hydroquinone and Mederma Intense Patch. I have been using it for two weeks. There is an improvement but the skin is getting sensitive, red, and inflamed. Should I still use it? If not, how to remove hyperpigmentation from the penis skin? What about the wound scar? Will it shrink and disappear with time or there are other solutions? I need to know what I can do to remove both hyperpigmentation and wound scar from the penis skin. I have attached pictures for reference.