Q. Could you suggest your views about my medical report?

and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 08, 2021

I request you to please review my medical reports and share your recommendations. Could you please suggest your views on the ECG report attached?

#

• Your reports are fine, except a few abnormalities (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Your lipid profile is showing increased cholesterol, both total and LDL (low-density lipoprotein). Also, liver enzyme ALT (alanine transaminase) is borderline, which is probably due to fatty liver.
  • ECG is fine with some minor changes, which are non-significant. Overall, there is no need to worry.
  • In treatment of both dyslipidemia and fatty liver, you can continue with medicine you are prescribed. Along with that, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high-calorie diet. Do regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according to your capacity for at least 30 minutes a day and five days a week.
  • Eat lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week and avoid red meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.
  • There should not be abdominal fat deposition or obesity. You should repeat lipid profile after three months.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

It was really helpful. Would it be possible for you to suggest medicines?

#

Certainly, I can mention the medicine. Kindly consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

• I would suggest you plain tablet Rozavel (Rosuvastatin) 10 mg bedtime, instead of Rozavel F (Rosuvastatin and Fenofibrate) which you are prescribed, for around three months. Because I think there is no benefit of Fenofibrate component and it is not recommended according to guidelines.
  • This medicine will help in correcting lipid abnormalities. But, you need to maintain it with lifestyle changes which I have mentioned above. Otherwise, you will need to be on medicine for an extended time. All the best.

This is the second time in contacting you. I hope that you have gone through my medical reports. I am 32 years old. I am having congestion for the last two to three months. I was prescribed Allegra. It was quite soothing. I got relief for a month and my problem started to decline. There was nothing concerned about my X-ray and CBC report. Nose block got started after few weeks with pain on one side of the head. Mild chest congestion also re-started with a little bit of wheezing. Could you please recommed something?

#

I have gone through your reports. This is called allergic rhinitis with allergic airway disease. Headache occurs due to nasal stuffiness. You should try to identify the trigger like dust or any occupational exposure and try to protect yourself from it. However, in many cases, it occurs due to pollution. First, you need to have steam inhalation four to five times a day. Also, do chest physiotherapy and yoga. Change Allegra to Allegra M )Montelukast with Fexofenadine) which is a better anti-allergic. Have Duonase or Fluticasone nasal spray twice a day for one to two weeks or till this exacerbation settles, following which you can have it whenever needed. For quick relief of nasal blockage, you can use Xylometazoline nasal drops. Use a drop in each nostril whenever needed up to two times a day. Do not use this for more than a week. You can keep MDI (metered-dose inhaler) Albuterol ready with you, and if you get symptoms like wheezing or shortness of breath, you should use two puffs whenever needed up to six times a day. We will see the response to these conditions and if needed we might need to add some more medicine. For headaches, you can have Acetaminophen 500 or Ibuprofen 400 mg whenever needed. Hope this helps you and please get back if you have any doubts.

|