Q. Why are SGOT, SGPT, and cholesterol levels high in a diabetic?

Dr. C. Elanchezhian

My SGPT and SGOT are increased. Diabetes is also not under control. Cholesterol levels have also increased.

#

Regarding your SGOT and SGPT, it is elevated because of liver tissue strain due to diabetes and hyperlipidemia. But other liver enzymes are under control. Avoid spicy and fatty food and if you are alcoholic or smoker, stop. Regarding diabetes, you are on right medications but HbA1C is 7.1. ABG is 157, care for diet and mild exercise, we can bring it down. Renal uric acid and urea and creatine are not increased, so renal condition is fine. Continue the treatment, diet and exercise. Monitor BP. Do ECG, US abdomen and review.

Diabetes and lipoma.

BP, ECG, echo, ultrasound abdomen.

Cirrhosis of liver.

Liver disease, DM, hyperlipidema.

He can continue the same treatment with diet and exercise.
1. Roseday A75, once,
2. Istamet 50/1000 twice,
3. Glimepride 2 twice
4. Febutrix40once and,
5. Remylin D once. Liv 52 two tablets twice daily.

Avoid fatty and spicy food, no alcohol and smoking.

|