Q. Why are SGOT, SGPT, and cholesterol levels high in a diabetic?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
Published on Jun 14, 2019

My SGPT and SGOT are increased. Diabetes is also not under control. Cholesterol levels have also increased.

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Regarding your SGOT and SGPT, it is elevated because of liver tissue strain due to diabetes and hyperlipidemia. But other liver enzymes are under control. Avoid spicy and fatty food and if you are alcoholic or smoker, stop. Regarding diabetes, you are on right medications but HbA1C is 7.1. ABG is 157, care for diet and mild exercise, we can bring it down. Renal uric acid and urea and creatine are not increased, so renal condition is fine. Continue the treatment, diet and exercise. Monitor BP. Do ECG, US abdomen and review.

Diabetes and lipoma.

BP, ECG, echo, ultrasound abdomen.

Cirrhosis of liver.

Liver disease, DM, hyperlipidema.

He can continue the same treatment with diet and exercise.
1. Roseday A75, once,
2. Istamet 50/1000 twice,
3. Glimepride 2 twice
4. Febutrix40once and,
5. Remylin D once. Liv 52 two tablets twice daily.

Avoid fatty and spicy food, no alcohol and smoking.

Will my cholesterol go up if I skip Lipitor?

Query: Hi doctor, I have lost my prescription for Lipitor and have been taking it for four days. I will get it tomorrow. I am on 10 mg a day. I am worried, will my cholesterol go up in that time since I am not taking it?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The half life of Lipitor (Atorvastatin) is 14 hours in humans (meaning drug is eliminated in about 14 hours). The main effect of Lipitor is to block the buildup and making of cholesterol in body. It does the job together with the help of other active ingredients and it...  Read Full

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article