Q. How to get rid of black pigmentation on my nose caused by silver jewelry?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

I have had my nose piercing for almost six years now. However, I want to take it out as I am no longer a fan of it. The hole was small, only 22G, but I have a black stain around the piercing since I wore silver jewelry. How do I minimize the black stain's look, and am I able to take the jewelry out permanently?

#

If you want to get your piercing to be completely gone, you have to abstain from wearing nose jewelry and let it close on its own over time.

As far as the hyperpigmentation treatment is concerned, if there is any local infection, that needs to be treated with local and oral antibiotics and then treated with pigment lightening creams.

If no infection is there and only pigmentation, you can use Kojivit cream (Kojic acid) cream once daily. Please be aware that any pigmentary lesion on the body would take about 6 -12 months to disappear completely. If you want to get rapid results, you can go for Nd:YAG (neodymium-dopped yttrium aluminum garnet) laser or fractional Co2 laser.

|