Q. My face and neck are dark with uneven skin tone. Will Kojivit gel help?

Dr. Snehal Laul
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 06, 2020

I am a 21-year-old male. My face and neck became black, especially on the forehead and chin. I have a very uneven skin tone now. Though I take good nutrition and proper hydration, I am not out of this. I roam averagely in sunlight. I see a more remarkable difference between my body and face color. Especially when I go out in the sun there is more blackening. As I am a medical student, with my known resources I found Kojivit gel containing kojic acid and a gel-based sunscreen like Rivela gel is useful for me. I need a confirmation from a dermatologist before using these products. Can I use these products regularly without any remarkable side effects? If not, suggest to me any other treatment.

#

Yes, you can use skin lightening cream. Use Kojic acid cream at night for one month, and Aziderm 20 percent gel at daytime. Use in the morning after washing your face and after 30 minutes and apply sunscreen over it.

Take tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) 500 mg once daily after breakfast for one month and apply photostable sunscreen daily at 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM for 30 days.

For your acne, I suggest using Clindamycin 1 percent gel at daytime and Benzac AC 2.5 percent gel at night for 15 days. Avoid sun exposure.

Use Ahaglow face wash twice daily for 20 days.

|