Q. I get palpitations and irregular heartbeat. Is it due to hyperthyroidism?

Dr. A K Srivastava

I have been having difficulties breathing. It feels like mucus is blocking my airways. I also have this feeling that something is stuck in my throat. I did a thyroid blood test, TSH, and T3 which were normal but T4 was high. I did thyroid scan, it showed a soft cyst of 10 mm × 8 mm in my left lobe and another one in my isthmus about 6 mm. I am having a serious stomach acid, heart palpitations, irregular heartbeat, and my pause ranges between 40 to 45 each time I check it. I always feel hot, feel tired easily when doing a hard job. I would like to know if I have hyperthyroidism and for the cyst, do you think I need a surgery or is my problem something which medication can solve.

Dr. A K Srivastava

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

You are likely to be having thyroid cyst with hyperthyroidism and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

As far as thyroid problems are concerned, they are managed by medical treatment followed by surgery.

Your other problem of thick mucous and hyperacidity can be managed by a change in lifestyle, dietary habits, and medication. You have to consult your doctor for a thorough examination and necessary investigations to manage it properly.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why are palpitations occurring even after pacemaker implantation?

Query: Hello doctor,My 71-year-old father was admitted to the hospital for palpitation occurrence and fast heart beating at 143 beats per minute. He was feeling dizziness in the morning. He was given injections to reduce the heart rate and has taken Holter monitoring for one day. He had previously undergon...  Read Full »

Suffering from subclinical hyperthyroidism with anxiety and palpitations.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my 15 year old daughter. Her symptoms have developed most significantly over the past few months, and include depression, weakness, constant light-headedness, shortness of breath (even when sitting still), difficulty taking a deep breath (ca...  Read Full »

Severe heart palpitations in a 20-year-old man. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old healthy young man. I do not drink or smoke but I do work a lot. I work for 60 hours actually and just moved out of my house with my family. I got my own new place as well as trying to maintain a relationship with my current girlfriend. I do not really have any health...  Read Full »