Q. Should I be concerned about my slightly high free T4 level?

Answered by Dr. Swaraj S W and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Free T4 or Tsh Level? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 59 year old male in generally excellent health. I am 5'10" tall and weighs 170 pounds. I am very fit for my age. I just had an annual physical and laboratory work, and it was generally excellent. I had a complete thyroidectomy before nine years due to several large but benign cysts in my thyroid gland. I am on 200 mcg of Levothyroxine daily. My blood work showed a TSH of 1.04 and free T4 of 1.93. My laboratory considers normal free T4 to be 0.7 to 1.76. Should I be concerned about this slight high value? I feel great, and all other blood tests were excellent.