Q. Why am I facing difficulty in thinking properly?

Dr. K V Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

I am a 48 year old male. My height is 5'6" and I weigh 66 kg. I have light stomach pain always and I have no hunger. I cannot think properly and have no fun in life, feel like mind is tied with rope or something else. Please help me.

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

• I can understand physical discomfort always affects the thinking capacity and overall mood.
  • We must understand why stomach pain or discomfort happened? Though anxiety is one cause, it is not universal.
  • Is there any chance of indigestion or acidity? What you ate last night or today morning? Please let me know. Take care.

Revert back with the asked details to a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

| 

I ate some fruits last night and tea in the morning. I cannot think properly. Please suggest me something so that I can improve. I have this problem for many years and got treated also, but there is no improvement. I visited many psychiatrists, but there is no improvement. Last year, I had an MRI of my brain; there is no problem detected and all the reports are normal. I am a vegetarian and my food habits are normal. I do not eat outside. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. My thinking is spiritual and my life is very normal. Please help.

Dr. K V Anand

#

• From the given details, it seems that you are suffering from hypochondriasis (health anxiety).
  • You always worry about your health and therefore, the symptoms reappear (even though they are always fake). Health anxiety comes under the broad head of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
  • As you noted that you consulted many psychiatrists and took their medicines, they must have told you about your problem.
  • Treatment consists of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), lifestyle changes, relaxation therapy and meditation.
  • Once you learn how to manage your health anxiety yourself with the help of the above treatment methods, you will be cured.
  • The process is a bit lengthy and could take any period between one year to two years according to the depth of the anxiety problem and the circumstances at which the patient lives.
  • Keep the period of treatment in mind; prepare yourself to take up the treatment.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|