Q. I have sore throat and cough with tempurature 94 degree. what to do for relief?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Oct 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2019

I am a 13-year-old male. I have been recently struggling with sickness, yet, I do not know which one. I have 94° F, sore throat, and it hurts while swallowing. I can not breathe without coughing, and I blink a lot. Please give an opinion about my problem.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

First of all, is your temperature reading correct? You have written 94° F that is very low, and we call such low temperature as Hypothermia. If that is your temperature, you need to keep yourself warm. Drink hot coffee or hot soup.

As your other symptoms are concerned, it seems like a throat infection with probable tonsillitis.

I advise you do salt water gargling three to four times a day.

Also, you can take tablet Aceclofenac 50 mg three times a day and Paracetamol 500 mg three times a day.

If your cough is dry, you can take syrup Reswas (Levodropropizine and Chlorpheniramine maleate) 10 ml three times a day, or if it is a wet cough, you can take syrup Tus-Q-X (Ambroxyl Hydrochloride) 10 ml three times a day.

If symptoms persist, revert back.

| 

Paracetamol for Fever

Query: Hello doctor, Is fever an immune response of the body to act as defense mechanism against infection, why is Paracetamol prescribed to reduce temperature?What will be happen, if not used?  Read Full »

Paracetamol tablets for tooth pain

Query: Hello Doctor, Can I take two Amoxicillin 500 tablets for my first dose of medicines for a tooth infection? Is there anything at home that will take the pain away?  Read Full »

Can soreness in throat and skin redness after sex be due to HIV infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old white male, I had protected intercourse vaginal and anal and unprotected oral sex, vaginal and anal exactly 17 days back. Eight days after I had an itch in my throat that practically made the corner of my mouth pucker for a day or two and lost my appetite. Around the...  Read Full »