Q. Am I experiencing hoarseness of voice and plantar fasciitis due to hypothyroidism?

Dr. Manisha
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 26, 2021

I have hypothyroidism for seven years. I have hoarseness of voice, shortness of breath, hair fall, and plantar fasciitis. Currently, I am taking Eltroxin 50 mg.

#

You have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and currently, you are taking Eltroxin 50 mg (Thyroxine). Please mention whether you are taking the dose from the initial stage. If you have a hoarse voice and joint pain, then it is necessary to increase the dosage. But before doing it, we need to look at the latest reports of thyroid profile and lipid profile. Kindly do these tests and then we can change the dosage. You need to lose bodyweight with diet management and some exercise that does not involve prolonged standing or putting pressure on your foot.

Regarding plantar fasciitis, please mention whether you have done a proper examination. Please mention whether you face the problem on one foot or both. If you are sure that it is plantar fasciitis, then you need to do regular physiotherapy exercises to get better. Try to use proper footwear to reduce stress on your feet. You can have an appointment with a physiotherapist to guide you with a possible stretching exercise for the feet. It is a slow process but with consistency, you can get better. If exercise does not help you, then steroid injections can be given to get relief.

|