Q. After I-pill, I had slight bleeding that lasted for a day, but no periods. What to do?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I got my last periods between 20th to 25th of last month. I had unprotected sex on the 28th and 1st. I took an I-pill immediately the next morning after both the times. I had a slight bleeding on the 19th that lasted only a day. I did a pregnancy test on the 26th, which was negative. Until now, I have not got my periods.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since you have taken an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. The bleeding you noticed could be withdrawal bleeding. You will definitely get your periods.

If you have a doubt then repeat your urine pregnancy test after a week.

I am very sure that there is no chance of pregnancy and the bleeding was just a withdrawal bleeding because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken.

Get back to me with the reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I am so relieved with your reply. I shall repeat the test next week and share the reports with you.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Just relax and wait until your periods' date. You may get bleeding around your regular periods' date.

Take care.

|