Q. After I-pill, I had slight bleeding that lasted for a day, but no periods. What to do?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Dec 06, 2017

I got my last periods between 20th to 25th of last month. I had unprotected sex on the 28th and 1st. I took an I-pill immediately the next morning after both the times. I had a slight bleeding on the 19th that lasted only a day. I did a pregnancy test on the 26th, which was negative. Until now, I have not got my periods.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since you have taken an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. The bleeding you noticed could be withdrawal bleeding. You will definitely get your periods.

If you have a doubt then repeat your urine pregnancy test after a week.

I am very sure that there is no chance of pregnancy and the bleeding was just a withdrawal bleeding because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken.

Get back to me with the reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am so relieved with your reply. I shall repeat the test next week and share the reports with you.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Just relax and wait until your periods' date. You may get bleeding around your regular periods' date.

Take care.

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full >>

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As you had unprotected sex, the chances of pregnancy are there in your case but as it is done on the third day of menses that is why there is no chance of pregnancy in your case. These symptoms could be d...  Read Full

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your case, if pregnancy test has been negative, even till date, then you are surely not pregnant. The delay and irregularity need to be evaluated and investigated to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease), hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia, which are the most...  Read Full

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full >>

Dr. Prabha Ranjan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do a pregnancy test with urine pregnancy kit. If it is negative, wait for the period for at least seven to ten days. If the period does not come repeat the test and then think of taking medicine to bring period, not before that. If the pregnancy test is negative, th...  Read Full