Q. Can an I-pill prevent pregnancy if sex is had in the fertile period?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

My partner and I had unprotected sex 10 days ago. She took an I-pill the very next day. Two days after the first sexual encounter, we again had sex and she again took an I-pill the very next day. Her LMP was a week before the first sexual encounter. She is also having a vaginal infection. Will she get pregnant? Will she get her menstrual periods on time?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since you have taken an emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy.

She can have late or delayed periods because of hormonal changes due to the pill.

But definitely, she will be getting her periods.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

As said earlier, her LMP was a week before the first intercourse. Was she in her fertile days when we had the intercourse? She usually has an early menstrual flow before the exact days. Will she get pregnant? She has taken two I-pills. Please help me.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, she was in her fertile period.

But, since she has taken pills within 72 hours of intercourse there is no chance of pregnancy.

So relax and don't worry.

Please ask her to wait for the period date and in case you happen to miss the period then get back to me.

|