Q. I have taken an I-pill on day-2 of my period. When can I expect my next period?

Dr. Deepti Verma

I had my last period on the 16th of the previous month. On the 17th, my boyfriend and I were physical. We did not have penetrative sex, but there was semen around my vagina. Should I be worried about getting pregnant? And, on 19th (within 43 hours), I took an I-pill as I was scared. Since it was my first time, I did not know much about these things. Please help me out.

#

• There is absolutely no chance of pregnancy if the sexual act was done on day 2 of the periods. So, there is nothing to worry.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you so much. I have heard there will be a delay in the periods on taking I-pill. So, when can I expect my next period?

#

• The next periods can be delayed by two to three weeks from the expected date. However, the periods are not delayed in all the females who take the emergency contraceptive pills. It is not an absolute side effect.
  • Moreover, since you have taken it in the beginning of your cycle, it is unlikely to delay the periods in your case.

Hope you found the answer helpful. You can get back for further queries.

Thank you for the response. How will I know if the ovulation has occurred? Is there any way to find that out?

#

• Ovulation can be documented by serum progesterone levels on day-21 of the cycle.
  • Other tests like LH (luteinizing hormone) can be done on day 12 to 14 and follicular monitoring can be done from day-9.

Today is the 31st day from my last period, and I have not got my periods this month. From two days, I feel I might get it as there is white discharge. I have given you the period dates before, and this is for your reference. Last five months dates were 26th, 23rd, 20th, 17th and 16th respectively. Please tell me what should be done. I am kind of worried now.I did pregnancy test at home only with the urine sample and it was negative. Please help me out. I am waiting for your reply.

#

• As the urine pregnancy test is negative, there is absolutely no chance of pregnancy.
  • Moreover, as mentioned earlier, the pill is likely to delay the periods by two to three weeks from the expected date. So, wait for the periods for another two weeks. There is nothing to worry.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

But I am getting the feeling that I will get my periods. There is slight pain which I usually get in the back during periods. Should I do any blood test?

#

• Yes, the periods can come anytime within two to three weeks.
  • No blood test is required. You should wait for the periods.

|