Q. I have a red rash with small red dots on my penis. Can it be an STD?

Published on Sep 23, 2017

I have a red rash with small red dots on my penis. My previous partner cheated on me one year ago. Tonight, I made out with a girl. Both of us were dressed. There was a lot of rubbing. There is no itchiness or pain when I pee. Can it be an STD from my ex a year ago which was my last unprotected sex or just irritation from sweat and rubbing?

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns about the possibility of an STD (sexually transmitted disease).

• First of all, I would like to inform you that most of the rash-causing STDs have an incubation period of six months or less and there is a good possibility that the current rash is unlikely to be related to your ex unless you were sexually active with her until recently.
  • Secondly, from the available description, it appears that you developed this rash only yesterday, following making out with another girl. This makes quite the possibility that the rash is related to your current encounter rather than anything else.
  • Thirdly, on looking at the affected area, it appears to me that the lesions are friction-related and do not appear like any specific STD illnesses.

I hope this answers you. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. You may also approach me for online video consultations or counseling related to sexual disorders and sexual health. I will be glad to help you.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Why has menstruation not started in my teenage daughter?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a daughter whose age is 15 years. She has not started menstruation. I want to know the reasons, please.  Read Full »

Why am I having sharp pain in my vagina when I pee?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old female. I urge to pee quite often. I have a sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. I have the urge to pee frequently. But when I go to the toilet, I do not have the urge to pee. Is this due to UTI or STD?  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now