Q. Why has menstruation not started in my teenage daughter?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

I have a daughter whose age is 15 years. She has not started menstruation. I want to know the reasons, please.

#

Usually, girls start menstruating by the age of 15.

If there are still no signs of menstruation then it is possible that she might be suffering from congenital gynecological malformation.

There could be many reasons for that. It could be due to a thick membrane covering the vagina preventing blood to come out.

It could be any other malformation in the outflow tract of the female organs.

It could be due to faulty hormones or decreased hormone production or genetic issues.

I suggest you visit a gynecologistfor an examination and detailed evaluation to look for the cause.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|