Q. Is there a possibility of pregnancy after having sex and taking an Ise-pill just before the period date?

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

When I had sex last month, I got pregnant and took an abortion pill. This month, I had sex just before my period date and took an I-pill? Will I get my periods, or will I be pregnant?

Kindly help.

#

Can you specify when you had an abortion and when you took an I-pill (Levonorgestrel)? Periods return six weeks after an abortion, and taking an I-pill resets the periods. So, you get them four to six weeks after you take an I-pill.

I hope you found this helpful.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

Thank you for your response.

I had an abortion one month back and took an I-pill eleven days back.

Kindly guide.

#

Post-abortion, contraceptives have to be used regularly rather than only for emergencies. In your case, I-pill would not have been entirely effective. However, it is difficult to say whether you are pregnant or not. Therefore, I suggest you do a pregnancy test three weeks after the unprotected intercourse. Also, start using a regular form of contraception like oral contraceptive pills, IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device), or injections, depending on what you are comfortable with. Emergency pills should be used occasionally as they are effective only for a few weeks after your periods.

I hope you found this helpful.

Kindly get back in case of further questions.

|