Q. My wife took an I-pill when her period was due. Why did she not get her periods still?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 07, 2021

I had unprotected sex with my wife when her periods was due. But at that date, she did not get her period, and she took an I-pill next day. It is already six days since she took the I-pill, but she did not get her periods still. I am really worried that she is pregnant, as we are not planning for a baby now, and I did not ejaculate into her. Please give some solution.

#

• Her periods could have been missed due to pregnancy caused due to the earlier intercourse or due to hormonal imbalance.
  • Get a serum beta hCG done, which is a blood test. Review with the report, so that I can suggest medication to induce periods.

Revert with more information to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for replying. Can pregnancy be avoided?

#

• If pregnancy has already occurred, then medicines can be given for abortion. If pregnancy has not occurred till now, it can be avoided by inducing periods.
  • Since the medicines for both are very different, I want the hCG to suggest medicines.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|