Q. Uric acid is 7. 5. Please suggest a medicine.

Dr. Albana Greca

My uric acid is 7.5. Please suggest me a medicine.

#

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. Your uric acid level falls within the normal range for female patients (the normal range is between 2.5-7.5 mg/dL). I think Fabulas 40 (Febuxostat) you are taking is taking good control of your uric acid levels.

For the moment, you are having pain in both knees and swelling in the ankle. Get an X-ray of the knee and ankle joints to evaluate the changes there. The basics of treatment for gout is to eliminate and correct what is causing it:

1. Being overweight (as in your case BMI is 27.56).
  2. Drinking alcohol.
  3. Sedentary life.
  4. Diet high in purines.

After getting the X-ray results, we can decide for the best treatment strategy for your knee pain and swelling in the ankle.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|