Q. When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. Does it indicate a high protein content?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am a 29 year old male. When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. If I do it sitting, there are no bubbles. I read in the internet sources, that it might be due to a high protein content in the urine, which may be due to a kidney problem. I got really worried and opted for a check up. All the reports came back good, but uric acid levels were high at 8.69. Since I was in doubt, I tested at two different labs. But, the readings were almost the same. From the last few days, I observed frequent urination, due to which I stopped drinking water. Now, it is causing a slight burning sensation after urination. Please tell me if something is wrong with me or is it due to my anxiety? Should I undergo any tests?

#

• Your uric acid level is high, but your symptoms are not due to it.
  • I would recommend you go for a urine routine examination as well as urine culture.
  • If your report comes out to be normal, this could be simply anxiety.
  • I would recommend tablet Febuxostat 40 mg once daily for the uric acid.
  • Drink plenty of water and avoid high protein diet.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query please ask me.

For further queries consult a criticalcare physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/criticalcare-physician

|