Q. Can you please help me with the indigestion, loss of appetite, fullness, bowel sounds, and loose motion I have been experiencing for the past three days?

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

I am a 34-year-old male weighing 75 kilograms. I have been suffering from indigestion, fullness, loss of appetite, burps, bowel sounds, and loose motion for the past three days.

Please help me, doctor.

Thank you,

#

1) Do you get watery stool or diarrhea? If yes, how many times or episodes of loose motion?

2) Do you have any history of eating outside food?

Other symptoms like stomach fullness and burps are due to ingestion or dyspepsia. Stomach fullness would mainly be due to excessive gas formation.

I would suggest you,

• Drink an adequate amount of water and maintain adequate hydration.

• Take a tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before food to control gas formation for one week (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her, and take medicine with their consent).

• Avoid oily, fried, and fatty foods.

• Take every meal on time. Do not skip breakfast or any other meals, and avoid an empty stomach for a longer time.

• Please reply to the above questions about diarrhea to guide you with proper treatment and mention if you have any antibiotic allergy history or allergy to any other medicine.

Thanks for your response.

Yes. It is mostly watery stool after eating something, not many episodes, and two or three in a day. Yes, I had lunch outside for two days, and it started from there only.

#

The most likely reason could be a stomach infection from eating outside food.

I would suggest you take (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her, and take medicines with their consent),

• Tablet Norflox-TZ (Norfloxacin, Tinidazole, and Lactobacillus) one tablet two times a day after lunch and dinner for four days.

• Take plenty of oral fluids and oral rehydration solution (ORS) to deplete electrolytes. Avoid outside food and take home-cooked food only.

I hope you have no allergic history to the antibiotics mentioned above.

Thanks and regards.

|