Q. I have severe gas problem with a sour stomach. Please help.

Dr. Varunbabu Aucha
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2021 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2021

I am 40-year old with a height of 5.10 inches and a weight of 110 kg. I have acute problems in the food digestion and a severe gas problem with a sour stomach. I have taken tablet Augmentin 625 Duo and capsule Doxt-SL for five days. Can you please help me?

#

I have made a note of your history. You have already taken a couple of antibiotics for the past five days.

Please let me know the following:

1) How about your bowel habits?

2) Do you have diabetes or hypertension?

With you history, you have gas and digestion problem. I would suggest you with weight reduction exercises and the below tablets:

• Tablet Pantocid 40 mg (Pantoprazole) daily in the morning half an hour before breakfast for 10 days.
  • Tablet Unienzyme (Fungal diastase, Papain, and activated charcoal) morning and evening for five days.
  • Tablet Drotin (Drotaverine 40 mg) for stomach pain. Whenever you feel discomfort take this.

In case if you feel discomfort feel free to contact a nearby doctor for further evaluation.

The antibiotics I took are due to COVID-19, and my stomach problem is related to COVID-19. Secondly, these last five days, I have been prescribed tablet Calpol 650 twice a day. Due to a stomach problem, I am unable to complete my antibiotic course. Kindly give suggestions to get relief from this.

#

You can continue the antibiotics tablet Augmentin 625 Duo (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) and capsule Doxt-SL (Doxycycline and Lactobacillus), which you are using for COVID-19, till you complete the course.

The gas problem that you are having could sometimes be due to the tablet that you are consuming. To relieve your symptoms, continue the tablets suggested previously, along with the tablets you are taking. Kindly go through medicine names so that you do not get confused.

Do breathing exercises.

Take healthy diet.

Do steam inhalation.

|