Q. I was not benefited with the medicines for gas problem. Please help me.

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 12, 2021

I am facing extreme gas problem almost continuously from the last few months. I feel constant uneasiness, bloated feeling, and slight pain sometimes. I have taken a few symptomatic medicine and a few ayurvedic tablets like Liv-52 and Triphala, but no relief at all. Please advice.

#

I can understand your concern for your symptoms.

• Your symptoms are consistent with indigestion. Indigestion might be due to many reasons such as severe acidity, abnormal intestine movement, constipation, etc.
  • Liv-52 has no role in indigestion problem. You should stop it.
  • Some patients who are prone for acidity might develop acidity following ayurvedic medicine. In this case, you should consider to discontinue Triphala also.
  • As you have already taken symptomatic medications, I would recommend you to undergo a few tests to find out the reason for your symptoms. These tests include upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy (if you have constipation or upper GI endoscopy is normal), routine blood test and stool routine examination.

1. Severe acidity.
2. Abnormal intestinal movements.
3. Constipation.

Basic blood test, stool routine test, and upper GI endoscopy.

You can take intestinal digestive enzymes supplements, medications for acidity and medications for constipation (if present) with the consent of your specialist doctor.

Avoid oily, spicy, uncooked, partially cooked or unhygienic food, gluten-rich diet and high-fat content in the diet.

For further information consult a surgical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/surgical-gastroenterologist

|