Q. What are the methods to get rid of gas problem?

Published on Oct 29, 2018

I have a heavy gas problem with heaviness on head and neck. I am a diabetic with 72 age, weight 60 kg, and height 160 cm.

Hematology Pathology
#

You can have a functional indigestion problem and so gas problem. Kindly mention any other clinical complaint if present to guide you further. You can be prescribed Gelusil or Alcid MPS like syrup to solve your gas problem. Meanwhile try to avoid intake of gas-forming foods like turnip, onion, cauliflower, cabbage, etc. Aristozyme like fiber supplement can be given for relief from indigestion. Eat slowly and avoid intake of excess fatty foods. If no improvement, then USG scan done for further work up.

My wife is suffering from belly bloating.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is suffering from belly bloating. As soon as she eats her lunch or dinner, her stomach will enlarge and she feels full. She does not feel like eating every day. She tried gelusil and other tablets, but no improvement. Also her urination is very low. Sometimes she feels intense ...  Read Full »

Why do I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I go out?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 63 kg. I have masturbation habit for 6 years. My stomach gets bloated and there is gas formation. I also have tiredness and diarrhea. I have to apply pressure for passing urine and stools. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I got to go out ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for indigestion and intestinal worms.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male, who is in good health. I have a long history of indigestion, mostly experienced as a pressure in the throat. About ten years ago, I had a clear endoscopy, and I took Nexium for six months and cut way back on alcohol drinking, which seemed to do the trick. I had...  Read Full »

Ask a Surgical Gastroenterologist Now