Q. Which is the best mode of transport for 2 weeks old baby?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

My baby is 2 weeks old. I want to know whether is it safe for my baby to travel after three weeks as I wish to drop mother and baby in my wife's place. Which is the best mode for the trip?

#

• It is one the most common suggestions requested by parents. You can travel by any mode depending on where you want to travel if there are no specific contraindications for both mother and your baby such as in air travel high altitude sickness, etc.
  • The only thing is to keep your baby covered with cotton clothes, cap, gloves, socks, etc., and comfortable all the time.
  • Do not allow unnecessary exposure to pollution, dust, etc.
  • You can carry your baby in a baby kit, the one which covers almost the whole baby up to neck within and provided with a zipping facility.
  • Carry adequate amounts of expressed breast milk for regular feeding without interruption.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|