Q. A painless, hard lump on the outer left side of my clitoral hood. What could it be?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
Published on Oct 14, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

Dear doctor,

I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea of what it could be?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Depending on your description, there could be few possibilities:

• Paraurethral gland swelling.
  • Lipoma.
  • Fibroma.
  • Sebaceous cyst.

Since it has been around for only a few days and not sore, I think it is just a retention cyst. Any gland around that place whose duct gets blocked may lead to an increase in the size of that gland resulting in cystic swelling.

Sometimes, it resolves on its own. And at times, when it does become infected, it will turn sore and become very painful. I suggest you visit a doctor as an absolute diagnosis is necessary. Your doctor may suggest removal of the lump depending on the symptoms.

Consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

These two small bumps suddenly turned big. Is this a sebaceous cyst?

Query: Hello doctor,I spoke to a dermatologist on here. I had two small bumps about 2 to 3 mm in size ever since I was younger and I am confident it is not a sexually transmitted disease. They were on the tip of the foreskin of the penis. Just two days ago, they started getting big. It never bothered me be...  Read Full »

Is there any cure for lipoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lipoma in my arm. Is there any cure?  Read Full »

Will I get benefit from sinus surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I snore and wake up tired daily. Sometimes, my nose is runny all day. I have attached my CT report for your reference. I just wanted to know if surgery necessary. Will it benefit me? Please explain.  Read Full »