Q. I have pain on right side of my jaw, clogging of right ear. Please help.

Dr. Sugandh Garg
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2018

I am a 24 year old male. I have pain on the right side of my jaw, associated with clogging of the right ear. Sometimes the pain radiates to the right side of the head. Audiometry reports are normal. What might be the problem?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

The ear, nose, throat, head, and jaw are all closely related. Any problem in one will affect the others as well. So, there are various possibilities that might cause jaw pain. They could be:

• An infected tooth, impacted third molar or gum disease.
  • Temporomandibular joint disorder.
  • Fracture of the jaws due to injury.
  • Sinusitis.

Get a temporomandibular joint x-ray done and ask a doctor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online

| 

Is there a chance for cyst formation beneath the impacted tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had a baby tooth in the left lower jaw. Beneath it, there is an impacted first permanent premolar tooth. OPG and CBCT were taken. The baby tooth was extracted before a month, and the impacted tooth was exposed. As I had some misalignment in both the jaws, I con...  Read Full »

Why do I have jaw pain after root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done in one of my lower right teeth. It was done in one sitting with the help of a laser. Everything was fine for a week. Then, one day my right jaw started aching and I was not able to open the jaw more than half an inch. There wa mild pain below the ear and it inc...  Read Full »

I have pain on the left side of the jaw. Is it due to an impacted tooth or a tooth with large filling?

Query: Hi doctor, Approximately six weeks ago, I got niggling wisdom teeth pain. The left top and bottom wisdom teeth were breaking through the gums. I got sudden pain which was severe in intensity around the back of my mouth and the lower left side. It got aggravated especially on chewing and radiating to...  Read Full »

Ask an Audiologist Now