Q. I have pain on right side of my jaw, clogging of right ear. Please help.

Dr. Sugandh Garg
Published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2018

I am a 24 year old male. I have pain on the right side of my jaw, associated with clogging of the right ear. Sometimes the pain radiates to the right side of the head. Audiometry reports are normal. What might be the problem?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

The ear, nose, throat, head, and jaw are all closely related. Any problem in one will affect the others as well. So, there are various possibilities that might cause jaw pain. They could be:

• An infected tooth, impacted third molar or gum disease.
  • Temporomandibular joint disorder.
  • Fracture of the jaws due to injury.
  • Sinusitis.

Get a temporomandibular joint x-ray done and ask a doctor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online

Is there a chance for cyst formation beneath the impacted tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had a baby tooth in the left lower jaw. Beneath it, there is an impacted first permanent premolar tooth. OPG and CBCT were taken. The baby tooth was extracted before a month, and the impacted tooth was exposed. As I had some misalignment in both the jaws, I con...  Read Full >>

Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do not have a cyst formation associated with the impacted tooth according to the images. In some cases, by orthodontic treatment, the tooth can be exposed, and they are brought to a...  Read Full

I am having jaw pain after root canal treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done in one of my lower right teeth. It was done in one sitting with the help of a laser. Everything was fine for a week. Then, one day my right jaw started aching and I was not able to open the jaw more than half an inch. There wa mild pain below the ear and it inc...  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it can be due to muscle spasm but as it started after one week then it can also be due to infection in the root canal treated tooth. So, first of all, the exact cause needs to be ruled out. If Flexon MR (Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, and Chlorzoxazone) and muscle exe...  Read Full

I have pain on the left side of the jaw. Is it due to an impacted tooth or a tooth with large filling?

Query: Hi doctor, Approximately six weeks ago, I got niggling wisdom teeth pain. The left top and bottom wisdom teeth were breaking through the gums. I got sudden pain which was severe in intensity around the back of my mouth and the lower left side. It got aggravated especially on chewing and radiating to...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your tooth pain. The first reason as per my opinion is the pressure created multiple periapical damages because of the third molar rather than the nerve of the next tooth root, as you have more than one...  Read Full

Ask an Audiologist Now