Q. Has my chronic sinusitis lead to asthma?

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Asthma or Chronic Sinusitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 44-year-old male with chronic sinusitis. I was exposed to lead and asbestos while serving in the shipyards about 20 years ago. I now draw disability for chronic sinusitis. Recently, my episodes have been turning into bronchitis and even pneumonia more and more frequently. Just this week, I was diagnosed with asthma. My question is can chronic sinusitis lead to asthma?