Q. I develop sinusitis and severe cough in winter. I also have hair fall problem. Kindly advise.

Dr. Vivek Chail
Published on Jun 05, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 30 year old male. I have sinus issue and severe cough in winter season. I also have hair fall problem. Kindly advise.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

It is important to get your sinuses and nose clinically examined for any conditions that might require treatment.

Some people also develop allergy and this happens more often in the winter season. To make a diagnosis of possible allergy, a Complete Blood Count (CBC) is suggested and high eosinophil count is an indication of allergy.

If your severe cough is due to high eosinophil count, then you should take particular medications to suppress the allergy.

Hair fall commonly occurs due to any stress and also if it runs in your family.

For hair fall please consult a dermatologist and take a prescription for Minoxidil 5 percent solution that can be applied in small amounts of 1 to 2 ml each day for hair growth.

For further queries, consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Alopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy

Article Overview: Hair fall problems are at a rise, and even young adults are complaining about it. This article provides homeopathic treatment options for hair fall. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Nowadays, hair fall problem is gradually increasing. Many young adults have been complaining about hair loss issues. Some of them complain about genetic or hereditary kind of hair loss, while some of them complain hair fall after the use of certain medications or due to some external factors like ch...  Read Article

Eosinophilia: A Brief Discussion Regarding Causes and Management

Article Overview: Eosinophilia or a rise in the eosinophil count can occur due to allergy or skin infection, or due to HIV infection or cancer. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Allergy Specialist

Eosinophilia Definition Eosinophilia is said to be present when the absolute eosinophil count is more than 400/cmm (some books mention eosinophilia when the absolute count is more than 500/cmm). Etiology: I will describe in brief the causes of eosinophilia so that it will help in detecting the und...  Read Article

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »