Q. I develop sinusitis and severe cough in winter. I also have hair fall problem. Kindly advise.

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 05, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 30 year old male. I have sinus issue and severe cough in winter season. I also have hair fall problem. Kindly advise.

#

It is important to get your sinuses and nose clinically examined for any conditions that might require treatment.

Some people also develop allergy and this happens more often in the winter season. To make a diagnosis of possible allergy, a Complete Blood Count (CBC) is suggested and high eosinophil count is an indication of allergy.

If your severe cough is due to high eosinophil count, then you should take particular medications to suppress the allergy.

Hair fall commonly occurs due to any stress and also if it runs in your family.

For hair fall please consult a dermatologist and take a prescription for Minoxidil 5 percent solution that can be applied in small amounts of 1 to 2 ml each day for hair growth.

For further queries, consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|