Q. I am 40 years old, have diabetes and thyroid disease. Can I conceive?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 01, 2020

I am 40 year married for 8 year can't conceive till now my amh report is 0.3 . EmbrometicThickness is 7 -8 mm . complex ovarian cyst with septation in right ovary 41x21 mm . I have diabetic and thyroid also . Madam what to do can i conceive . Plz suggest

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

hello,

getting straight to the point ,u have various comorbidities which is prevent u from conceiving like

1. age
  2. amh of 0.3 - this hormone indicates the ability of ur ovaries to produce ovum or egg . for age of 40 it should be around 1.3 (it's very low in u) . also for ovary to respond to any ovarian stimulation in form of drugs the amh should be higher. so the chances of successfully stimulating ur ovaries are low .
  3. diabetics and hypothyroidism - these also reduce the chances of pregnancy considerably
  4. complex ovarian cyst - this can be a endometrioma or an infection or any other condition which has to evaluated .
  5. ur options are very limited like ivf with donor egg or surrogacy or ivf with ur own frozen egg or adoption. even with ivf ur chances are low .

but don't lose hope . u need the help of a fertility expert . do visit one .get ur self evaluated , keep ur thyroid and sugars under control . get the cyst evaluated . regards and all the best

|