Q. I have ingrown hair and dark spots below my belly button. How to treat them?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Hi I have a problem with ingrown hair and dark spots below my belly button. I don't know how to treat them. My skin tone is brown. It's been going on for year now. I pluck the few hairs that grow and they grow back but they leave dark spots and pimples. Thank you very much in advance

# Hello
Welcome to icliniq.com
Hope you are having a good day and staying safe

1) I understand your concern, and from your history, please not that you are having a form of folliculitis, which is bacterial infection of the hair follicle, due to the ingrown hair.

2) Growth of ingrown hair can be aggravated due to shaving practices and needs to be corrected.
- It is better to trim hair , rather than shave if you do shave that area.

3) You can apple an antibiotic cream , Fusidic acid cream after thoroughly cleasing the area , morning and afternoon. Tretinoin cream 0.01% cream only in the night for 2 weeks only on the lesions. Keep the area dry and always sterilise your shaving device before use.
For treating the dark spots, you can use Kojivit cream (Kojic acid) after the treatment with Tretinoin is over.

4) Avoid shaving and plucking hair in that area until the flare up subsides

Hope your query is cleared
Thank you and take care.

|