Ingrown Toenail

What is the itchy bump around my second toenail?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an itchy bump around the nail of one of my toes, the second one. It has happened in the past years, usually when the season gets warmer. It started about a month ago and grew into a quite itchy, sensitive and swollen area. It is now turning to purple. I tried antifungals before,...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examine your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are having paronychia. Acute paronychia is a soft tissue infection around a fingernail that begins as cellulitis, but that may progress to a definite ab...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take various medicines with antibiotic in a fatty liver patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a red, swollen and infected ingrown toe nail. It is speeding quickly and painfully. Yesterday I saw Dermatologist for the first time and she wrote me a prescription antibiotic of Ciprofloxacin 500mg/Thrice/day for one week and then do a partial toe nail surgery. Later, my last ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing the details in your history. My question is that, is it the first time that the liver fatty infiltration has been discovered? Did you have had a test called FIBROSURE or liver MRI/ biopsy? Cipro is relatively safe with liver disease but hones...  Read Full »

What is the possible infection of a big toe in a foot which is swollen and painful?

Query: Hello doctor, My left foot big toe has been swollen and painful for a couple of months. I first thought it was an ingrown toenail. I consulted a doctor who thought it was a fungus or grout. I have checked for both, and they are negative. I cannot get an appointment with the specialist for more tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears from the description that you have an infection in the great toe. the question is which type If fungal culture has been done and found to be negative then remaining options are bacterial (staphylococcus) or gram-negative infection. The treatment is loca...  Read Full »

I have ingrown nail inspite of treating it. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from an ingrown nail from the past two years. Previously I went to a surgeon and removed my whole pin. But the problem arises again.  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try Graphites 30c four pills once a day for seven days, by stopping taking Hepar Sulph at this time. Along with medicines you will need to make sure that you use open shoes or sandals instead of close tight shoes. Also, soak your feet in warm water twice a d...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for an infected ingrown nail?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an ingrown toenail and it has got infected. I suffer from a lot of pain while wearing shoes. I have this pea-sized bubble like thing which bleeds on the side of my toenail. I have attached a picture of my toenail. It is a swelling, and I wonder what can I do to take it away, oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen your clinical picture and gone through your query (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would strongly advise you to undergo a partial nail excision, debridement and daily dressing of the wound until it shows healthy granulation tissue. It is...  Read Full »

I have pain and blisters in the big toe whenever I wear shoes. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this ongoing pain in the toe of my right foot since some time now. If I wear shoes for a long duration, then invariably small blisters develop. Recently, pus had collected after a four-hour journey wearing shoes and as soon as I plucked the skin tip which I generally keep do...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and went through your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  There could be two possibilities in your case: Your shoes have been ill-fitting and have caused trauma because of which you have repeated infection and pain due to pressu...  Read Full »