Q. My lips are swollen. What might be the cause for it?

Dr. Vivek Hasmukhbhai Nanda
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My age is 17 years. A part of my upper lip is swollen. There is no pain in it. What might be the cause for it?

#

The swelling of upper lip might be due to allergy, insect bite, or a small trauma.

You can take anti-allergy medications to reduce the swelling.

I suggest taking tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120 mg has to be taken, one tablet in the morning and a half at night. The total dose in a day should be 180 mg. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent.

If the swelling persists even after taking the medications, consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|