Q. My 8-year-old daughter has dark neck and armpit. Is this due to insulin resistance?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

My daughter is going to be 8-year-old in two months. I doubt that she has Insulin resistance. Her height and weight are more. She has darkness at her neck, armpits, etc. She is getting a lot of hair on her body. What can I do about that? Please guide me.

#

Is there any hormonal imbalance or fluctuations? Does she have stress, anxiety, worries, or phobia? Is she on any drug therapy? Is she good at her studies? Is she mentally stable? Is there any family history of diabetes?

Please answer the above questions so that I can guide you accordingly.

She has severe anxiety. She is unable to control her emotions. She is having difficulty in concentration, confusion, and difficulty in studies also.

She is not on any medication at present, but previously, one psychiatrist gave her Flutop and prescribed Nootropil. Please help me.

#

Management of genodermatosis are inherited genetic skin conditions majority of which are lifelong, multisystem disorders. Management is symptomatic in most disorders like stress and fear of a baby. Proper care of the psychology of the baby is needed to make baby and mother happy and maintain proper mental stability of the baby and mother. Happy mothers make happy babies. So the psychology of your baby is of utmost importance to keep a mild stable of your baby. So KMC (kangaroo mother care) is required with lots of love bonding with your newborn. Avoid unnecessarily psychiatric consultations. And enjoy each day as it comes to you. Have good fortune and enjoy the present day. I hope this was helpful.

|