Q. Can I undergo banding for bleeding internal piles?

Dr. Noushif. M

I am a 27 years old unmarried girl. I have bright red blood in the stool. I have consulted three doctors each of them did proctoscopy.  They said that I have one or two internal piles. I also have pain during and after defecation in the anal and buttock area. I have always been a chronic constipation sufferer since my teenage. The doctors had given me medicines, to stop the bleeding. It stopped for few days and started again. Now, the doctors suggested banding procedure. It is the second time my piles have recurred. I was first diagnosed at the age of 24, around three years back. I recovered after taking the medicines for five days. Since three years I had no problem. But, for the past four or five months, I am again facing the bleeding pile issue. This time I have taken one-month medicine course. But the bleeding did not stop. The doctor said it is a second-grade pile, and I have to undergo banding. My question is, does piles bleed daily? How successful is the banding procedure? How much pain is involved in it?

#

• Bleeding of piles may or may not present daily. It depends on a lot of factors like the grade of piles, underlying constipation, etc.
  • Since you have grade two piles with recurrent bleeding, it is advisable to undergo surgery.
  • Nowadays it is better to go for the stapler hemorrhoidectomy than banding. Banding can be painful occasionally and has a higher chance of recurrence as compared to the stapler. The stapler is slightly costlier, but if done well, it is pain-free and has the least chance of recurrence.
  • Always get the surgery for piles done by an expert surgeon. Nothing to worry.

Do review as required. If you need further guidance, please consider a detailed consultation with me. Hope your doubts are clarified.

For further queries consult a general surgeon online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|