Q. What is your suggestion on my blood report?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 29, 2020

I have attached my blood report here for your reference. Please have a look and give me your suggestion.

#

• It seems like you have iron deficiency anemia or a hemolytic process going and also you have low platelets.
  • For iron deficiency anemia, I would suggest getting an iron profile, lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), hemoglobin and electrophoresis.
  • I suggest 325 mg of Iron three times a day for six weeks and repeat the complete blood count (CBC). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Did you ever have a colonoscopy? Do you have a history of alcohol consumption on a daily basis? Have you checked for hepatitis B or C before?
  • For low platelets, please get liver and kidney function tests and ultrasound of the abdomen to look for the size of the spleen.
  • Please do these investigations before you start taking Iron.

Revert back with answers to the above questions to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|