Q. My period is irregular, heavy and prolonged. What are the cause and solution?

Answered by Dr. Uzma Arqam and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Irregular Periods or Heavy Bleeding? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My period has become irregular to about three times a year and it has become heavy and prolonged, lasting more than two weeks unless stopped with drugs. I have done several ultrasound scans without seeing the cause except on one occasion of PID. I got treated still no improvement. What are the cause and solution? Please help. I once had a surgery four years back. The doctor diagnosed corpus hemorrhage, do not know if it is related to this. I used to take Tranexamic acid with one other tablet to stop the bleeding.