Q. Can bar insertion in the arm cause prolonged periods?

I have recently had the bar inserted in my arm and have had side effects weeks after. I was wondering if these side effects are normal or are something to look into going to the doctors for. For two weeks, my period has not stopped, with the past week my flow has been fairly light and although I have had cramps, it is not as bad as when my period was originally due.

#

You are having a continuous bleeding problem. For that, you need to find any underlying specific cause, if present. It is advisable to investigate with USG pelvis and pelvic examination for primary work up. If all comes normal then investigate further with serum FSH, LH and DHEA estimation. If no cause identified then dysfunctional uterine bleeding is the possibility. You can be prescribed Tranexamic acid tablet and a Hormonal pill for bleeding.

USG pelvis.

DUB or other organic cause.

Tranexamic acid just now and if needed Progesterone containing pill.

|