Q. My mom has blisters on her shoulder and arm due to butane explosion. What to do?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 03, 2021

My mother is having blisters on the back of her shoulder and arm due to a butane explosion. She has water coming out of it every time while moving. What can I do for these blisters? Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. Your mother is having irritant contact dermatitis due to exposure to gas. She can use Fusidic cream on the blister in the morning and evening after having sterile aspiration of the blister. She can take tablet Cefadroxil 500 mg twice daily for five days, tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once at night for five days if there is itching, and tablet Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily for five days if she has pain. Have a review after seven days. Follow these measures. She needs to keep her area dry and clean. Do not allow her to scratch or manipulate the lesion. Do not follow any other home remedy or products other than medication. Wash the area before applying medication. Do not continue using medications beyond the prescribed time.

|