Q. Is it safe to take Udiliv during pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Itching During Pregnancy or Obstetric Cholestasis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is it safe to take Udiliv during pregnancy?

My wife is in her 7th month of pregnancy. Since last 15 to 20 days, she has been experiencing itching throughout her body. She was ordered liver function test. Report for blood sample collected and attached.

Based on this report, she has been taking Udiliv 150 mg twice a day and also Liv 52 tonic twice a day for the past 10 days. Her LFT was repeated and the report for the same has also been attached here. Still parameters are out of range.

Please suggest what should be done based on these two reports? Should she continue taking Udiliv 150 mg twice a day? Itching is still persisting, especially during the night. Is it something alarming?