Q. How can I manage itching and burning sensation on my penis?

Dr. G.s.s. Sandeep

I am having itching and burning problem on my penis. I cannot lift my foreskin upward. It is painful to upward the foreskin. I think I have acquired a fungal infection. My wife was under treatment of heavy menstruation periods for her menopause phase. She had passed through heavy blood flow during her periods. Used 5 to 6 pads during the day. Now, she is perfectly alright for the last 20 days. We had intercourse before seven days and then I developed this symptom of fungal and itching. She is also having the same complaint but she is having itching experience only which is too less compared to me. I have taken one Fluconazole 150 and using skin cream named Castor-NF suggested by the family doctor. Please suggest treatment and medicines to us.

#

Can you forward a few pictures of the affected area, if possible? Your concern may be balanoposthitis most probably. Continue Fluconazole 150 mg. Have them weekly once after dinner for four consecutive weeks and for your spouse advise her Fluconazole 150 mg two tablets with a gap of 15 days. That is two weeks. Use Cetaphil cleanser for genital wash and Seriva cream twice daily after wash for 30 days. Check your fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels and thyroid profile and report me once you get your reports.

Forwarding a few pictures and reports that we did recently. I am having type 3 diabetes for the last six years. Please find the report for blood sugar and thyroid in said documents and please guide.

#

Saw your pictures and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are within range. Even excessive thinking and stress will lower our immunity and indirectly flares the problem. Do regular walking and meditation, this will boost up your immunity and indirectly reduce further recurrence. Your concern is balanoposthitis.

|