Ketoconazole is a medicine used to treat fungal infections like athlete's foot, ringworm infections, seborrheic dermatitis, and skin yeast infection. It is available in shampoo, cream, foam, and gel form. The common side effects include nausea, headache, liver problems, and redness in the area of application.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why is Itch Guard not helping my skin problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I am having some allergy or skin disease on the upper part of my penis. Because of my shy feeling, I did not consult any doctor. I am having this almost from one year. I have used Itch Guard but I think it is not working. I am attaching the pictures. Can you give ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and I would like to summarize it in pointwise manner. Your lesion gives impression of two diseases. One is fungal and second is eczema. In both the cases, itching persists and looks ...  Read Full »

What is the white powder like stuff in my hair?

Query: Hi doctor, On my head some four to five spots of white powder like substance is forming. Initially I had it only on two spots but now it became five spots. If it is dandruff entire head part will occur but mine is different. I have lost some hairs on surrounding affected spots. Please tell me wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please send the good quality photographs of the lesion and also please tell me if there is any burning or itching? Let me know if any other areas are affected like elbow and knee? Looking forward for your response in order to help you. Revert back with the ph...  Read Full »

Can I use Teczine for itching and redness in the groin area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have severe itching and redness in the groin area. I have used over-the-counter creams, besides, I have also used some home remedies over the affected area. The skin is flaky. Please suggest a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your query, and I have noted your concern. Perhaps you might have a fungal infection. I request you to kindly upload an image so that I will be able to guide you better. Regards. Revert with an image to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq...  Read Full »

Why do I have white particles in hair?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have itchy scalp and hair fall with tiny white ball all over the head and also in shoulder. The balls are attached to the skin and coming out in nails with pressure. I have attached the photos along with this query. I am using anti-dandruff shampoo, which cur...  Read Full »

Dr. Avina Jain

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to According to your history and from the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from acute dandruff with folliculitis.For further information consult a dermatologist online -->  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for dandruff.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from dandruff for more than a year. I am a prefinal year student and my gender is female. Please suggest a solution for dandruff. Can I use One shot dandruff killer?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Dandruff is formed due to oily scalp. If you are using oil for hair, please avoid it. Dandruff cannot be cured permanently. It can only be controlled. For now, use Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizral shampoo twice weekly for three weeks and thereafter once it is controlled, us...  Read Full »

I have a nevus on my scalp. Is that sebaceous nevi?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old male. I went to a dermatologist, and he examined my condition. The doctor told me that I have sebaceous nevi of the scalp. But I am unable to agree with it. I have read that sebaceous nevi are hairless. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the query and examined your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please say whether you have this problem from birth. You are right, most of the sebaceous nevus are hairless. But nevus which reaches the hair-bearing areas o...  Read Full »

How to cure the allergies present on my face and inner thighs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have got allergies on my inner thighs. I used all the medicines. But there is no relief. Recently, I went for sonography and found with multiple cysts in the ovary. Due to allergy, the skin of inner thighs got darker, and I have reddish marks with itching on my face....  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to With your descriptions, it seems that you have developed tinea cruris. It requires a minimum of two to three months to have a complete cure. I would suggest you take tablet Itraconazole 100 mg once daily and use 2 % Miconazole gel local application twice daily for one m...  Read Full »

Why are the rashes around my penis and under leg not getting cured?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past one month, I am getting rashes around my penis, under legs and also on back. I have used many medicines like Quadriderm, Neo Clobenate GM, Ring Guard, etc. But, they did not work. Please prescribe me some good medicine. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to With your description it seems that you are having tinea cruris, a kind of fungal infections. You immediately stop Quadriderm (a combination of Betamethasone Valerate, Gentamicin, Tolnaftate and Clioquinol). It is a steroid containing cream. It will hide the lesion rather...  Read Full »

Please suggest a permanent cure for jock itch.

Query: Hi doctor, I have jock itch from one and a half years. I consulted a dermatologist, who gave me medicines, which cured the itch. My mother told me to consult a homeopathic doctor. So, the homeopathic doctor gave me some medicines, which made the jock itch larger in the same place. I am taking the ho...  Read Full »

Dr. Gulhima Arora

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would appreciate you giving me a little more detailed history regarding your symptoms, whether you have itching or burning, whether there is a ring in the groin area or just a black mark remaining and preferably a picture of the skin problem. Having said that, homeopat...  Read Full »

How do I control dandruff and hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having problem with dandruff. My scalp is oily. I am losing hair and I feel that I will become bald. I used Candid-TV, but it did not help. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to For severe dandruff, you should take oral medicines apart from topical treatment. Consider taking tablet Ketoconazole 200 mg once daily for two weeks and apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole) on the affected scalp twice daily. As far as shampoo is concerned, ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.