Q. How can arthritis be confirmed?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Kindly confirm if I am arthritic from the available reports.

#

Could you provide me with some of your symptoms?

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your inflammation markers are very high (erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein). So, it does indicate either there is an infection or inflammation. I need more history to confirm it.

Your arthritis tests are negative, but then again we can have arthritis even when the rheumatoid factor, anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide, and anti-nuclear antibody are negative.

Provide me with the medical history and I will be able to guide you better.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

I have pain and swelling in the knees and ankle for the past three weeks. I am taking medication for asthma, blood pressure and cholesterol for the past seven years (prescription attached).

#

It does look like some form of arthritis is involving your lower limb joints, knees, and ankles with high inflammatory markers (erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein).

I would suggest you start tablet Nucoxia (Etoricoxib) 90 mg once daily. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Consult a rheumatologist as you may need to start your medications as early as possible. It is tough to say how long you will need to take the medicines as we need to see which form of arthritis you fit into.

• HLA B27 ( human leukocyte antigen B27) (polymerase chain reaction method).

Probable cause:

• Spondyloarthropathy.

• Avoid sitting on the floor in cross-legged position.

|