Knee Injury

What causes recurring knee pain?

Query: No current medications Female Age: 21 Height: 5'2/159 cm Weight: 115 lbs (last known) Why do I always have recurring knee pain...sometimes alternates from left and right... It hurts so much and it keeps coming back even though im not exerting stress on them such as from running.  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending Love and peace to you ! My dear there are some condition which causes knee pain . Irritation of the soft tissues or lining of the knee, worn or torn cartilage, or strained tendons Condition which causes knee pain are overuse trauma to the kneecap misalignment of the kneecap comp...  Read Full »

What can I do for knee lock due to hyperextension?

Query: Hello doctor, My knee is locked in hyperextension. I had an injury on my knee had lateral damage that was fixed by knee scope. This was successful, however, about two months ago, I twisted the wrong way and my knee got caught in hyperextension. I saw my Orthopedic surgeon and he told me I had a high...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what I can read and understand by the brief history you have given is that there can be damage to ligaments and meniscus in your knee. Can you please elaborate on the range of motion of your knee? If it is barely movable it means that probably some tissue (eith...  Read Full »

Fall during skating caused knee injury with pain and stretching difficulty. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter went ice skating last month and she fell a few times but she was able to stand up and skate again. The next day, saw bruises on her legs especially the knee area but that disappeared after a few days. She mentioned that she still feels some pain but she can walk, move arou...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhanu Tej

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she is able to walk putting her full weight, she might not have a major fracture. But I want to ask you a few more questions to come to a conclusion. Is there any swelling around the knee now? Is there any history of massaging it every time she fell? Is she able ...  Read Full »

Will my knee pain due to injury heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, A week before, I fell from riding a bicycle after going to market and my left knee hit the ground first I was able to stand up although I got wounded. I went home and did first aid on my wound. After a week, my wound was healed but until now I feel the pain on my left leg. There is le...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you are having these symptoms. This might still be due to injury resulting in soft tissue contusion. I am not considering fracture at this point because you were still able to stand up. But an x-ray of the left knee APL would be recommended. In the mea...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to walk without crutches and bend the knee backwards after knee injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am a soccer player, and I have some wear and tear on my knees and ankles because of it, although I never had a significant injury. About a week and a half ago I injured my knee while playing soccer. My foot was not planted when I injured my knee, so I do not...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will recommend that you do see your doctor as the markers of a significant injury are there, immediate pain and swelling, inability to bear weight, persisting swelling, etc. Even if we over-diagnose and nothing came out of the investigation like an MRI (magnetic re...  Read Full »

Will multi-ligament knee injury likely to cause foot drop in later years?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a chronic onset of symptoms of foot drop, diagnosed by podiatrist last month. I would like to know if this could be caused by the original knee injury, which was diagnosed as a severe multi-ligament knee injury. Is it possible for a severe multi-ligament knee injury, with a c...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) surgery was done in 1980 whereas the injury was in 1969. It must be ACL reconstruction surgery or some other augmentation surgery. The original ligament cannot be repaired after 11 years. It will be beneficial to...  Read Full »

What can be done to treat bruise under knee cap after a fall?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I went hiking and was running down a cliff. I was going too fast and landed on both my knees. They looked deformed and have bruising and swelling around the knee cap, on the knee cap, and under the knee cap. One of them has a big looking bruised ball under the knee cap. Wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description I gather you have had a nasty fall on both your knees with one being more swollen than the other. You have not mentioned but I am assuming that you were able to stand and walk after the fall and did not need to be carried back. Also, assuming you ...  Read Full »

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

I cannot kneel as my knee hurts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I fell on a cement sidewalk about two months ago, and my knee is still bruised. Although it does not hurt while doing normal activities, it hurts tremendously when I kneel or when I accidentally brush my knee against anything. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You described that the pain gets worse on kneeling (direct pressure), which means two or three things: Following the fall, you may have either have had a bone bruise, which is still tender to touch. A subperiosteal hematoma, which can be quite tender. Or you may...  Read Full »

I have pain in my knees. Can the pain be due to the wearing of improper shoes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old. I have pain in my knees especially in the left one. I have not been able to walk for quite long, and sometimes it feels that some fluid is traveling towards the feet and some cold sensations as well. My job profile needs lots of walking. Can the pain be due to the w...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly give me the following information. 1. Since how long you had the pain? 2. Have you had any injury in the knee joint? 3. What aggravated the pain? 4. Is pain more in the knee or foot? 5. Do you have any back pain radiating down to the left leg? 6. Do you ...  Read Full »