Knee Injury

What causes recurring knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 21-year-old female with a weight of 52 kilograms and a height of five feet two inches. I have recurring knee pain and sometimes it occurs alternatively from left and right. Why do I have it? It hurts me a lot and it keeps on coming back even though I am not giving any stress on them...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are some conditions that causes knee pain. It can occur due to irritation of soft tissues or lining of the knee or torn cartilage or strained tendons, trauma due to overuse of knee cap, misalignment of the kneecap due to complete or partial dislocation of the knee...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have osteoarthritis in both knees?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old female. I have knee pain in both knees out of injury-induced, and earlier I had knee osteoarthritis as by the X-ray report. How do I improve?  Read Full »

Dr. Suman Saurabh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your injury. It is very rare to see osteoarthritis in both knees after trauma. You might be having early degenerative osteoarthritis or maybe chondromalacia patella. One thing I would like to ask if you have any other joint pain or morning st...  Read Full »

How to manage a scrapped knee?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 22-year-old female with a weight of 58 kilograms and a height of five feet nine inches. I scraped my knee at night before four days and I left it unclean until the next morning. Every day, I have new symptoms over it. It hurts me a lot while walking and bending the knee. It formed a...  Read Full »

Dr. Keerthi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your infection seems to be spreading. Along with Neosporin, you can take oral antibiotics like Cefuroxime twice a day for five days. Please mention whether you have any symptoms of feve...  Read Full »

Please suggest an orthosis for knee pain due to injury.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some sort of knee injury. I got this injury accidentally when I did twisting on a treadmill. It hurts a lot when I twist the knee during sleep. I tried applying Capsaicin gel, used a stretch bandage and it gets reduced when I keep the knee in a pillow. But it makes me hard to slee...  Read Full »

Dr. Sivasankar Reddy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a history of twisting injury with pain and swelling in the right knee. You can have a ligamentous or meniscus injury or contusion in the knee. Please mention some more information about the incident, do you have any instability while climbing the stairs, do you...  Read Full »

What is the indication for arthroscopic surgery with medial meniscus tear?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you help me out to reach a result to go for an arthroscopic surgery or not? Actually, both of my knees have a medial meniscus tear, and the MRI reports show that it is a grade 3 tear posterior horn. Both injuries are 2.5 and 1.5 years old separately occurred during running. Now I c...  Read Full »

Dr. Rameshkumar

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends on the age and the activities you do. I can understand that the problem is there for two years. If you do not run and do not participate in sports, you can strengthen the knee and do some mobilization exercises, and prolong without surgery. But according...  Read Full »

What can I do for knee lock due to hyperextension?

Query: Hello doctor, My knee is locked in hyperextension. I had an injury on my knee had lateral damage that was fixed by knee scope. This was successful, however, about two months ago, I twisted the wrong way and my knee got caught in hyperextension. I saw my Orthopedic surgeon and he told me I had a high...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what I can read and understand by the brief history you have given is that there can be damage to ligaments and meniscus in your knee. Can you please elaborate on the range of motion of your knee? If it is barely movable it means that probably some tissue (eith...  Read Full »

Fall during skating caused knee injury with pain and stretching difficulty. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter went ice skating last month and she fell a few times but she was able to stand up and skate again. The next day, saw bruises on her legs especially the knee area but that disappeared after a few days. She mentioned that she still feels some pain but she can walk, move arou...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhanu Tej

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she is able to walk putting her full weight, she might not have a major fracture. But I want to ask you a few more questions to come to a conclusion. Is there any swelling around the knee now? Is there any history of massaging it every time she fell? Is she able ...  Read Full »

Will my knee pain due to injury heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, A week before, I fell from riding a bicycle after going to market and my left knee hit the ground first I was able to stand up although I got wounded. I went home and did first aid on my wound. After a week, my wound was healed but until now I feel the pain on my left leg. There is le...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you are having these symptoms. This might still be due to injury resulting in soft tissue contusion. I am not considering fracture at this point because you were still able to stand up. But an x-ray of the left knee APL would be recommended. In the mea...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to walk without crutches and bend the knee backwards after knee injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am a soccer player, and I have some wear and tear on my knees and ankles because of it, although I never had a significant injury. About a week and a half ago I injured my knee while playing soccer. My foot was not planted when I injured my knee, so I do not...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will recommend that you do see your doctor as the markers of a significant injury are there, immediate pain and swelling, inability to bear weight, persisting swelling, etc. Even if we over-diagnose and nothing came out of the investigation like an MRI (magnetic re...  Read Full »

Will multi-ligament knee injury likely to cause foot drop in later years?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a chronic onset of symptoms of foot drop, diagnosed by podiatrist last month. I would like to know if this could be caused by the original knee injury, which was diagnosed as a severe multi-ligament knee injury. Is it possible for a severe multi-ligament knee injury, with a c...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) surgery was done in 1980 whereas the injury was in 1969. It must be ACL reconstruction surgery or some other augmentation surgery. The original ligament cannot be repaired after 11 years. It will be beneficial to...  Read Full »