Knee Injury

Why am I unable to walk without crutches and bend the knee backwards after knee injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am a soccer player, and I have some wear and tear on my knees and ankles because of it, although I never had a significant injury. About a week and a half ago I injured my knee while playing soccer. My foot was not planted when I injured my knee, so I do not...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will recommend that you do see your doctor as the markers of a significant injury are there, immediate pain and swelling, inability to bear weight, persisting swelling, etc. Even if we over-diagnose and nothing came out of the investigation like an MRI (magnetic re...  Read Full »

Will multi-ligament knee injury likely to cause foot drop in later years?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a chronic onset of symptoms of foot drop, diagnosed by podiatrist last month. I would like to know if this could be caused by the original knee injury, which was diagnosed as a severe multi-ligament knee injury. Is it possible for a severe multi-ligament knee injury, with a c...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) surgery was done in 1980 whereas the injury was in 1969. It must be ACL reconstruction surgery or some other augmentation surgery. The original ligament cannot be repaired after 11 years. It will be beneficial to...  Read Full »

What can be done to treat bruise under knee cap after a fall?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I went hiking and was running down a cliff. I was going too fast and landed on both my knees. They looked deformed and have bruising and swelling around the knee cap, on the knee cap, and under the knee cap. One of them has a big looking bruised ball under the knee cap. Wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description I gather you have had a nasty fall on both your knees with one being more swollen than the other. You have not mentioned but I am assuming that you were able to stand and walk after the fall and did not need to be carried back. Also, assuming you ...  Read Full »

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

I cannot kneel as my knee hurts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I fell on a cement sidewalk about two months ago, and my knee is still bruised. Although it does not hurt while doing normal activities, it hurts tremendously when I kneel or when I accidentally brush my knee against anything. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You described that the pain gets worse on kneeling (direct pressure), which means two or three things: Following the fall, you may have either have had a bone bruise, which is still tender to touch. A subperiosteal hematoma, which can be quite tender. Or you may...  Read Full »

I have pain in my knees. Can the pain be due to the wearing of improper shoes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old. I have pain in my knees especially in the left one. I have not been able to walk for quite long, and sometimes it feels that some fluid is traveling towards the feet and some cold sensations as well. My job profile needs lots of walking. Can the pain be due to the w...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly give me the following information. 1. Since how long you had the pain? 2. Have you had any injury in the knee joint? 3. What aggravated the pain? 4. Is pain more in the knee or foot? 5. Do you have any back pain radiating down to the left leg? 6. Do you ...  Read Full »

Will knee wound get any infection during healing in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I fell about a month ago on my knees pretty hard in a gravel parking lot. I am a diabetic. I am just concerned about infection. Can I send you pictures or how does this work?  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I noticed the fall was really bad. The wound seems infected. Taking into account your personal history of diabetes, it might take longer for the wound to heal. First, take good care of the wound. Wash w...  Read Full »

There is a popping sensation while bending knee after a fall. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old male. I was playing football on Monday and my left foot slipped, naturally I tried to stop myself from falling but my weight went down on my left knee and it bent backward. I did not fall on the ground, I was still standing but it was sore for a few minutes then it...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned the nature of the injury and now the knee bending is difficult and painful, the first thing you did good was to stabilize the injured knee in the bandage. Now immobilizing the injured part is of utmost importance to avoid further damage to the joint ...  Read Full »

What does my MRI done for knee injury indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I just recently suffered a knee injury and had an MRI done I was just hoping the results could be translated to me. An acute anterior cruciate ligament injury is present with lateral compartment bone contusions. A full thickness tear is favored. A high-grade partial tear is possible b...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sir, all the findings which you have written shows that there is some injury to your knee and in turn body reactions. Usually, it is difficult to assess about ligaments in MRI of fresh trauma because of too much edema. So, basically, we rely on patients symptomatology a...  Read Full »

There is pain in the knee after a fall. Is there any ayurvedic treatment?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a history of fall two months back. Now, there is a pain in the medial aspect of the right knee with swelling. The pain increases with exertions and flexions of the knee.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a pain in the medial aspect of the knee, but you are able to walk. It indicates that there is no chance of fracture. If there is a fracture, your movement will be restricted. So, it might be a sprain in tendons or in ligaments. The healing of sprain will take t...  Read Full »